Affordable Housing (Jane Cizik Garden Place)

jane photoJane Cizik Garden Place

1839 Jacquelyn, Houston, TX 77055

Eligibility Requirements

Contact:  Pearl Fontenette at 713-328-1976

Jane Cizik Garden Place is a permanent supportive housing community offering women-centered services to those on a modest income who want to live in a sober community. When you apply to become a tenant, you will be given details about your eligibility to live in the complex. The following information is a brief overview only:

  • The complex is for families with limited overnight guest privileges. One or two persons per bedroom only.
  • You will be expected to abide by rules related to living in a sober community.
  • Your monthly income which includes rental vouchers must be two times the rent which starts at $535, and your annual income must not exceed $37,450.
  • The application fee is $25 and the deposit is $250.
  • You will sign a one year lease.
  • You must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
  • You must not have a felony related to violence, a conviction for a sexual offense or an active criminal case
  • You must not have a history of evictions due to problematic behavior that jeopardizes the health, safety and the right to the other tenants to live in a peaceful environment.

Units for Those with Chronically Homeless Status

The complex has designated 10 furnished one-bedroom apartments for individuals who meet the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) definition of chronically homeless. To be eligible, an applicant must:

  • Meet HUD’s definition of chronically homeless (explained below).
  • An applicant must be able to live independently and sign a one year lease.
  • An applicant must be committed to abiding by the community rules related to sobriety and single occupancy.
  • An applicant must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • An applicant must not have a felony related to violence, a conviction for a sexual offense or an active criminal case.

HUD definition of Chronic Homelessness:

  • Person must have a disabling condition
  • Person must have been homeless for a year or more or had four (4) episodes of homelessness in the past three (3) years.
  • HUD defines a “homeless person as someone who is living in a place not meant for human habitation (streets, car) or in a homeless emergency shelter.
  • A third party certification which includes dates and locations of homelessness is required form an emergency shelter, homeless outreach worker or any other health or human services worker.
You are here: Home Become A Resident Affordable Housing

TWH logo R

Tel: (+713) 521.3150
Admission: (+713) 328.1954
Fax: (+713) 521.3191

A United Way AgencyRunForAReasonButton

grphc united