Establish a Routine for Yourself
- Create a relapse prevention plan.
- Reach out daily to your sober network and sponsor.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Stick to a schedule.
Resources You Have Right Where You Are
- Start a meeting with your sober network using your phone or your computer.
- Attend online meetings
- Do your step work.
- When you have cravings tell on yourself by reaching out to your sponsor or another in recovery.
- Ask to be held accountable.
- Reach out to your therapist, case manager or health care provider.
- Take care of your body.
- Practice self-care often.
- Breathe and use relaxation coping skills: yoga, meditation, visual imagery.
- Practice your spirituality.
- Play the tape to the end: think things all the way through. If you are thinking about using don’t just think of how good it felt, but what happened after using, like losing your family, job, home etc.
- Create a gratitude journal.
Perhaps most importantly…
- Say the serenity prayer whenever you think about it.
- Don’t let this temporary situation lead to a permanent solution.
- Remember you have been through tougher things than this and have come out victorious.